A not-quite-there-yet mitten
I guess when you make something for yourself, you can be extra picky because you’re always checking to make certain it fits. This mitten does not fit!
I used the same ideas I used for my other set of blue loom mittens, only this time, I chose Paton 100% merino wool. I used a double strand, did a ribbed cuff and a gathered top. However, here’s what I don’t like about this poor mitten:
–The cuff is wider than the rest of the mitten. Because I chose the flat stitch for the majority of the mitten, the Purl 1, Flat Stitch 1 ribbing is too loose.
–I started the thumb too early. I need one more row before starting that thumb. now, it rides up a touch right below the thumb.
–The thumb is too snug/short. I should have used more pegs, plus it needed two extra rows.
–The top is too long. Now, here I’m getting picky. It’s only about one row too long.
So, there you have it. A failed mitten. Poor little thing. I intend on frogging it and starting over, making better notes this time. When I have a finished pair, I’ll do another post.